How to Use
Carpet Express Quick Dry Machines
How to Use
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Read All Instructions Before Using This Machine
CAUTION: KEEP EQUIPMENT AND CLEANING COMPOUNDS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Use indoors only. DO NOT expose to rain or freezing temperatures, including while transporting. Store indoors.
This machine is intended for carpet and upholstery cleaning only! Use cleaning compounds designed for hot water extraction carpet and upholstery cleaning machines.
If machine is not working properly, has been dropped, damaged, or immersed in water, return it to rental location and notify personnel of the problem.
DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
DO NOT place machine in standing water or try to clear flooded areas.
DO NOT handle plug or equipment with wet hands.
Connect to a properly grounded outlet only.
8. Turn off all controls before unplugging.
9. Never vacuum solvents, gasoline or other hazardous liquid or solid material or use in areas where they may be present.
10. DO NOT pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
11. Use extra care when cleaning stairs.
12. Do not leave the machine while plugged in. Unplug it from the outlet when not in use and before servicing.
13. Do not put any object into appliance openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
14. Do not clean over floor electrical outlets.
15. The use of an extension cord is not recommended.
Preparing Room, Carpet and Upholstery
Move Furniture to center of the room so the perimeter can be cleaned first for best results. Move furniture back, then clean the center of the room. If the carpet is still damp when returning furniture, place foil under furniture until carpet is totally dry.
Vacuum carpet or upholstery with your home vacuum cleaner. This machine is not a vacuum cleaner. We recommend vacuuming carpet thoroughly, making four passes with a CRI approved vacuum cleaner.
Pre-treatgeneral spots with 7 IN 1 Carpet Care. Pre-treat odors, pet, acid based and general spots with 7 IN 1 Spot & Odor Pet Formula, or SpotVortex Spot solution.
Pre-treatheavily soiled areas of carpet, hallways, doorways and around furniture with 7 IN 1 Hi-Traffic Pre-Treatment.
Note: Read and follow all cleaning solution label directions prior to use.
1. Remove surface liquids or solids with a paper towel or spoon. Saturate with water to dilute and suspend the spot. Use about 1 oz. of water per inch of spot; for example, use about 2 oz. of water for a spot 2 inches across.
2. Saturate the spot with SpotVortex Spot solution or 7IN1 Spot & Odor. Scrub the spot well, working from the outside inward. Allow the Spot cleaner to dwell on the spot for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Attach the SpotVortex to the hose and attach the hose to the grey cuff at the back of the carpet cleaning machine.
4. Turn ON the machine’s Suction Switch. Place the SpotVortex over the saturated area and apply downward pressure for 10 seconds. Leave the SpotVortex in place and allow the machine’s vacuum to run for about 1 minute, or until all liquid is removed. The clear cone allows you to see when the liquid is removed.
5. Note: For specialty spots like urine, wax, ink see cleaning tips – Specialty Spots.
6. Note: Some spots may require more attention. Repeat steps, if necessary, until the spot is removed.
7. Cleaning: Remove the clear cone from the blue base and wash parts by hand with warm water.
8. For best results: Use SpotVortex Spot solution or 7IN1 Spot & Odor. They have earned the Seal of Approval for Superior Cleaning from the Carpet and Rug Institute, signifying that they remove even the most difficult stains without any damage to carpet. Approved both as a general spotter and a pet stain and odor remover.
9. Tip: Use the SpotVortex teardrop shaped base for removing spots in corners or along walls.
10. Tip: Also use the SpotVortex on area rugs, stairs, and washable fabrics. Test color fastness of area rugs and fabrics prior to cleaning. When cleaning rugs on wood floors, make sure any liquid is wiped up with a towel after cleaning and pull back the cleaned area of the rug from the floor, until totally dry.
11. Tip: For even faster drying, place a fan directed toward the cleaned area.
Pull the black “T” Handle on the gray Machine Handle and raise the Machine Handle to desired height.